Accessible Page Links



Page Tools

Main page Content

History

Buderim Mt State School is steeped in tradition having opened as a provisional school in 1875. Originally the school was situated on a different site, known appropriately as the "Learning Tree". The school was located on Panorama Drive. In 1960 there was a jump in enrolments and by 1980 over 4,000 pupils had passed through the school. Before moving to its present site in the heart of Main St Buderim, it began with an enrolment of 18 pupils and gradually increased as new settlers moved to the area.

In 1925 the school celebrated its Golden Jubilee and past teacher, Mr TA Fielding called the roll and five of the original pupils answered "Present Sir".

The school celebrated its Centenary on 5th July 1975 with impressive celebrations and its 125th Anniversary in the year 2000.